Dearest Community —
This post will be short and sweet.
Today we needed to remind ourselves of all the good things in the world. One thing that is bringing us tremendous joy is that SO MANY businesses are offering free classes and resources to help us all stay sane as we stay inside.
If you’re not really up for consuming this content, or if you’re just in need of some reassurance right now, we have a mantra for you that we’ve been repeating when we feel overwhelmed. Scroll straight to the end if that’s where you are right now!
Check out some of our favorite — and completely free! — things below. No affiliate links here. We’re just happy to share what’s making us feel happy.
We’re all starting to feel a little stir-crazy (it’s been raining this week here in LA!) We’ve been doing family exercise activities with our kiddos, and we’re also sneaking into corners of our houses when we can to do some of the following:
- Hot 8 Yoga is posting free classes via their Instagram Stories each day
- Corepower Yoga has created an online section of free classes
- YMCA is offering a mix of free exercise classes
Because we all need a break from late-night binge watching… and a little museum binge-touring is the perfect replacement!
- The British Museum
- The Louvre
- Google Arts + Culture Museums (hundreds of free virtual tours here)
- Smithsonian, Natural History Museum
- Street Art Walking Tour (+ audio guides)
There is a treasure trove of great options for kids out there (check out our recent post for some links) — but we know that adults need learning and mental stimulation, too!
- Brit + Co has free classes until March 31st
- Milk Street Cooking School has made their online cooking classes free until April 30th
- Michelin-Starred Chef Massimo Bottura is performing nightly cooking videos on Instagram
Honestly a great way to start any day, but especially these days.
- Calm App put together a resource page with free meditation
- Headspace has a “Weathering The Storm” collection for free
Music + Shows
- The Met Opera is live-streaming every night
- Berlin Philharmonic has made its digital concert hall free
- NPR put together a comprehensive calendar of free online concerts + links
- Center For Puppetry Arts is live-streaming on Facebook
Instagram Accounts Making Us Happy
This list is by no means comprehensive, we just wanted to shout out to a few we’re loving right now:
PLEASE TAKE CARE of yourselves, both physically and mentally. Let us know of anything that’s making you feel happy these days…
P.S. Our current mantra:
Things That Have NOT Been Cancelled
HOPE has not been cancelled
LOVE has not been cancelled
LAUGHTER has not been cancelled
MUSIC has not been cancelled
ART has not been cancelled
KINDNESS has not been cancelled
GRATITUDE has not been cancelled
FAMILY has not been cancelled
FRIENDS have not been cancelled
JOY has not been cancelled
The Practically Perfect Team
Joni, Kitt, Devan, Sari, Tasha, Tani + Taylor
For more inspiration, check out: